ESIS (European chemical Substances Information System), is an IT System which provides you with information on chemicals, related to:
- EINECS (European Inventory of Existing Commercial chemical Substances) O.J. C 146A, 15.6.1990,
- ELINCS (European List of Notified Chemical Substances) in support of Directive 92/32/EEC, the 7th amendment to Directive 67/548/EEC,
- NLP (No-Longer Polymers),
- BPD (Biocidal Products Directive) active substances listed in Annex I or IA of Directive 98/8/EC or listed in the so-called list of non-inclusions,
- PBT (Persistent, Bioaccumulative, and Toxic) or vPvB (very Persistent and very Bioaccumulative),
- C&L (Classification and Labelling), substances or preparations in accordance with Directive 67/548/EEC (substances) and 1999/45/EC (preparations),
- Export and Import of Dangerous Chemicals listed in Annex I of Regulation (EEC) No 304/2003,
- HPVCs (High Production Volume Chemicals) and LPVCs (Low Production Volume Chemicals), including EU Producers/Importers lists,
- IUCLID Chemical Data Sheets, IUCLID Export Files, OECD-IUCLID Export Files, EUSES Export Files,
- Priority Lists, Risk Assessment process and tracking system in relation to Council Regulation (EEC) 793/93 also known as Existing Substances Regulation (ESR).
Some data is available for download, such as the Annex I to Directive 67/548/EEC on Classification and Labelling of Dangerous Substances.
Most data seems to be browsable through the web interface.
Update 2009-04-21: Wrote to contact addresses for the various databases asking about bulk download facilities.
Includes link to the Copyright notice on the European Commission website states:
Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, save where otherwise stated.
Where prior permission must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information (sound, images, software, etc.), such permission shall cancel the above-mentioned general permission and shall clearly indicate any restrictions on use.
There's also a link to a paper on the Public Availability of Data on EU High Production Volume Chemicals -- though this does not seem to mention re-use or re-distribution.
|Laatija||Laatijaa ei ole annettu|
|Ylläpitäjä||Ylläpitäjää ei ole annettu|
European chemical Substances Information System (ESIS). No author.
Retrieved 08:37, Jun 20, 2013 (UTC).
the Data Hub