A consolidated dataset of all the main UK monthly house price datasets with additional calculations.
- CLG Table A2 - Not seasonally adjusted
- Nationwide - UK Monthly Indices - Post '91 - Not seasonally adjusted
- Lloyds Banking Group/ Halifax - Historical House Price Data - Seasonally adjusted and non-seasonally adjusted.
Notes when interpreting these datasets.
- Some indices are adjusted for the mix of properties in the sample, others are not.
- Indices are based on data sources with different levels of geographical coverage. It depends on where the provider gets data from: i.e. mortgage approvals, the land registry, etc.
- Some of the series have been adjusted for seasonality, others have not. Seasonally adjusted figures are presented on a different worksheet to non-seasonally adjusted figures.
Some excellent notes on how different property price indices are compiled and should be interpreted are available from Eurostat:
Licensed under PDDL for my contribution. Source datasets status is slightly unclear (see the source dataset pages).
Registers of Scotland and CLG data are Crown Copyright
- Consolidated Monthly Data 1983-Present (CSV) 9 csv
- Consolidated Data (GDocs) 57 gdocs/spreadsheet
- Nationwide UK House Price Series Site 21 index/html
- Halifax UK House Price Series Site 15 index/html
- Communities and Local Government (CLG) Live House Price tables 5 index/html
- Registers of Scotland House Price Quarterly Statistics Time Series
UK House Price Data (Consolidated). Various.
Retrieved 00:10, May 25, 2013 (UTC).
the Data Hub