FreeBMD is an ongoing project, the aim of which is to transcribe the Civil Registration index of births, marriages and deaths for England and Wales, and to provide free Internet access to the transcribed records.
Openness: NOT OPEN
- License: access for personal research purposes only. Full T&C below.
- Access: single searches via webform.
Terms and Conditions from: http://www.freebmd.org.uk/terms.html
Use of the FreeBMD site is subject to the following terms and conditions of use. If you wish to use the site in any manner outside these terms, you must seek permission before doing so.
- FreeBMD is provided free of charge for personal research purposes only.
- Access to the data held by FreeBMD is only permitted manually via the search page. The use of front end programs or sites to enter search parameters is strictly forbidden
- Data extracted from FreeBMD must not be reproduced in any form.
FreeBMD (Births, Marriages and Deaths). FreeBMD.
Retrieved 09:48, May 18, 2013 (UTC).
the Data Hub