This effort has started in the context of the Linking open data community project of the Semantic Web Education and Outreach Interest Group.
Its main purpose is to make available freely available data concerning music on the semantic-web, such as Magnatune, Jamendo, Dogmazic, Mutopia, and to create links between them and other available semantic web repositories, such as Frederick Giasson's Musicbrainz dump, or DBPedia and GeoNames."
The following RDF datasets are available (NB: not all datasets are under an open license ...):
- package:jamendo-dbtune, holding RDF data for package:jamendo
- package:dbtune-magnatune, holding data from the Magnatune label
- package:dbtune-john-peel-sessions, holding data on the BBC John Peel sessions, released during the Hackday, 2007
- package:dbtune-audioscrobbler, displaying the last 10 played tracks of Last.fm users as RDF
- package:dbtune-myspace, providing RDF for top-friends and available tracks on MySpace
- package:dbtune-musicbrainz, holding RDF data for package:musicbrainz
- package:dbtune-bbc-playcount, linking BBC Programmes to MusicBrainz
DBtune also provides a number of services related to these packages:
DBTune – Music-Related RDF. Yves Raimond.
Retrieved 09:09, Jun 20, 2013 (UTC).
the Data Hub