The Atlas of Canada data provide coverage of all of Canada. The Atlas of Canada Base Maps provides coverage of the entire Canadian landmass. Data elements are feature coded and structurally clean. Base map components are available in five scales and a number of data exchange formats. The 1:2 million and 1:7.5 million scales are the primary bases for all Atlas products. The 1:30 million scale data have been generalized from the two larger scales. The data set covers: * drainage - coastlines, rivers, lakes * boundaries - federal, provincial, district, dividing lines * transportation - primary and secondary highways, selected ferry routes, rail networks * populated places * national parks Atlas information is two-dimensional layered vector data. Access to information regarding these datasets and the capability to download images and data files, free of charge, is available through http://geogratis.cgdi.gc.ca/frames.html. Purpose This set of base maps was originally prepared in an analogue form for the production of the National Atlas 5th edition. They were used as base maps to overlay the thematic information used in the preparation of Atlas maps. The digital versions were derived from the original base maps in order to complete the 5th edition of the national atlas. They are the official bases used by the Atlas of Canada for the production of all their maps.
- Lat/Long 1:20,000,000 5 ESRI ARC Export
- Lat/Long Autocad 1:20,000,000 3 DXF
- Lambert Conformal Conic Autocad 1:20,000,000 DXF
- Lambert Conformal Conic 1:20,000,000 ESRI ARC Export
- Lat/Long Autocad 1:20,000,000 DXF
- Lat/Long 1:7,500,000 5 ESRI ARC Export
- Lambert Conformal Conic Autocad 1:7,500,000 DXF
- Lambert Conformal Conic 1:7,500,000 ESRI ARC Export
- Lat/Long Autocad 1:7,500,000 3 SHAPE
- Lat/Long Autocad 1:30,000,000 DXF
- Lat/Long 1:30,000,000 ESRI ARC Export
- Lambert Conformal Conic autocad 1:30,000,000 DXF
- Lambert Conformal Conic 1:30,000,000 ESRI ARC Export
- Provinces also available, see this link 3
|Forfatter||Government of Canada, Natural Resources Canada, Canada Centre for Remote Sensing, GeoAccess Division, The Atlas of Canada|
|Vedlikeholdes av||Government of Canada, Natural Resources Canada, Centre for Topographic Information (Sherbrooke)|
|department||Natural Resources Canada|
The Atlas of Canada Base Maps 7.5M. Government of Canada, Natural Resources Canada, Canada Centre for Remote Sensing, GeoAccess Division, The Atlas of Canada.
Retrieved 09:10, Jun 20, 2013 (UTC).
the Data Hub